We are excited to have a website devoted exclusively to information relevant to the residents and visitors of Hermon. This website will be updated frequently, posting news, scheduled events and other items of general interest. Make sure to spread the word that we are now online!
The Town of Hermon
The Town of Hermon, NY is located between the St. Lawrence River and the foothills of the Adirondacks and encompasses the hamlets of Hermon, Marshville, Trout Lake, Kents Corners and Fairbanks Corners. The town was established in 1830 as the "Town of Depeau" from the Towns of De Kalb and Edwards. The town changed its name to Hermon, after a post office in the town, in 1834 due to the presence of another location named after Francis Depeau. In 1852, Hermon arrived at its current dimensions after losing a small part from its southeast corner to the Town of Edwards.