HERMON SUPERVISOR UPDATE 6-4-2020
* THE OFFICE IS OPEN MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY 9 am to 2 pm. Social distancing and masks will be required.
* THE HERMON HEPBURN LIBRARY IS OPEN - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10a.m.-12p.m. Social distancing and masks will be required. Patrons may enter the lobby to return or pick up books. I look forward to seeing everyone!
* SPRING CLEANUP HAS BEEN A GREAT SUCCESS AND WE HAVE DISPOSED OF MANY TONS OF HOUSEHOLD JUNK AND ITEMS THAT OUR CITIZENS WANTED PICKED UP AND REMOVED. BECAUSE OF THE VOLUME IF WE ARE UNABLE TO REACH EVERYONE FOR PICKUP ON THURSDAY, JUNE 4TH WE WILL FOLLOW UP ON MONDAY, JUNE 8TH. WE WILL REACH EVERYONE WHO NEEDS ASSISTANCE. SATURDAY, JUNE 6TH YOU CAN STILL DROP OFF ACCEPTABLE ITEMS AT THE SAND BARN ON THE HERMON-DEKALB ROAD. OUR CODE OFFICER WILL BEGIN ENFORCING OUR JUNK AND JUNKYARD LAWS AFTER THIS EVENT WITH CITATIONS AND FINES. THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN UP YOUR PROPERTY AND HAVE US REMOVE THESE ITEMS FOR FREE. AFTER THE EVENT IF YOU ARE IN VIOLATION EXPECT A VISIT AND ACTION FOR CLEANUP.
* Many thanks to Brian Brunet, Shain Brunet, Mike Hendrick, Mandy Matthews, Dustin Brunet and Brent McAdam for their extraordinary efforts on behalf of our town in conducting the Spring Cleanup!! This effort was our first ever and resulted in massive amounts of junk and no longer wanted items being hauled away and disposed of for our town citizens at no charge to them. It is part of our efforts to not only make Hermon more beautiful but to keep it that way!
* The renovation of the McBrier Bridge downtown has begun and is moving ahead on schedule. Concrete is expected to poured at the end of this coming week. This project includes a $50,000 grant to replace the deck on the bridge along with $46,000 of additional work being funded from our Highway Budget to provide box guardrails, a sidewalk, lighting and other improvements. The project will likely keep the bridge closed for approximately 60 days. Please use the Jefferson Street bridge to detour.
* Improvements are being made at our Town Recreational property on Main St. A new childrens ride is being installed, new player benches and protective fencing is being installed on the ballfield and new bleachers are being installed. We are negotiating to obtain adjoining property and if successful we are planning to build a parking lot and public bathrooms on that property.
* Woodys Market LLC open Monday thru Friday 7 am to 10 pm. Saturday 8 am to 10 pm and Sunday 8 am to 10 pm. Kitchen and deli close at 9 pm daily.
* The Skunks Nest operations are open for take out foods and beverages only. Check for hours of service. Skunks Nest (315) 347-4400
* The United Methodist Church and First Baptist Church are both closed until further notice.
* Codes Officer Michael McQuade is in the office on Fridays from 8 to Noon. Click here to find most requested forms on the Code Officers webpage.
* The next Town Board Meeting is scheduled for June 9th at 6 pm. Because the Phase 2 mandates limit meetings to ten persons or less we will have to conduct this meeting on Zoom. The public will be able to sign in and watch the meeting. Click here to join our Zoom Meeting.
To call in without a computer or Zoom app:
Dial by phone: 1-646-558-8656
Meeting ID: 315 222 3975
At the beginning of all meetings public comment is allowed for up to 5 minutes per individual. Please email me at email@example.com if you wish to comment so I am sure to recognize you and have you unmuted during the meeting. We will hope that in July we can go back to meetings in our Courtroom in person.
* The Food Pantry is still active at the United Methodist Church. April Allen has all the donations received at the Library and Town Office now at the church. If you would like to make a donation of food or money please call April at315-854-5135 for assistance! IF YOU KNOW OF +SOMEONE WHO NEEDS ASSISTANCE FROM THE PANTRY CALL APRIL AS WELL!
* We are constantly updating our facebook page. Click here and check out our facebook page. Please go there and like the page in order to get the updates daily.
Hermon Town Supervisor